Setting Measurable Goals
Did you read my latest blog post about the importance of not just formulating goals, but actually making them SMART:
- Specific: Your resolution must be totally clear as it’s very important to have a concrete goal.
- Measurable: It may be an old cliché, but many buy into the saying that “What gets measured gets done.”
- Achievable: Sure you can have stretch goals, but trying to take too big a step too fast may leave you frustrated.
- Relevant: The goal must matter to you - and for the right reasons. Otherwise, most likely it doesn’t last long.
- Time-bound: You need a deadline, but you should also give yourself enough time to focus on small wins so you can make gradual progress.